What are Cookies?
A cookie is a text-only string of information that are stored on the browser or during browsing of pages or applications. They contain information about your visit used for:
- Checking the proper functioning of the web pages.
- Storing user preferences such as: language, font size…
- Studying the user experience when browsing the web.
- Compiling anonymous statistics on the use of the web such as: page views, length of visit…
Cookies are associated with an anonymous user and its computer or device, without accessing at any time to personal information of the user. You may change your internet software browsing settings to make the browser notify you when a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer enabling you to decide whether to accept or reject the cookie. These changes will not block your access to the content of the site, however they can affect the quality of your browsing.
Sinceyou register or login as a user, you can access to the content adapted to your own preferences and to the information provided in yourregistration, which is to be stored in the cookiesof the selectedbrowser.
Moreover, in communications through email marketing tools, small invisible images are used to detect if the user has opened or not the email, on which date, etc. These data are used on surveys and applied on further communications improvement.
Why are cookies important for a website?
- Technically, Cookies give agility to web pages, as they can be adapted to user preferences: language, currency, country…
- They provide security to hinder attacks on web sites or its users.
- The survey data they provide are very important to the owners of the web, helping improve their quality and ease of use.
Types of Cookies
- Session cookies: These cookies are only stored while browsing the page and once you leave these cookies are deleted and disappear from your computer.
- Persistent cookies: These cookies are stored on your equipment and will be active until the expiring date arrives or manual deletion. For example, in the online purchasing procedures they are used to avoid having to insert the password continuously.
Browse this website means that you can install the following types of Cookies:
These cookies are used to improve theusers’ browsing experience and to optimize the operation of the website. They are used to store services settingsin order to have it perfectly tailor-made to the user in each visit.
- Adjusting volume in video or sound reproductions.
- Adjusting baud rate to optimize video.
- Storing the purchase in a shopping cart.
These are created when a user registers or logins anywhere.
They serve, for example, to:
- Keeping the user authenticated even though the closure of the browser,thus you will not have to re-login when you return to the site, unless you sign out manually.
Collect information completely anonymously from the user’s browsing experience on the site.
They serve, for example, to:
- Compilingpage views or most popular content.
- Knowing if users are new ortheyrepeat the visit.
- Learning information that will help us improve the service and the web browsing
How I can configure my Cookies?
You have the ability to disable cookies if you wish through changing your internet software browsing settings. It may also be possible to configure your browser settings to enable acceptance of specific cookies or to notify you each time a new cookie is about to be stored on your computer enabling you to decide whether to accept or reject the cookie. These changes will not block your access to the content of the site, however they can limit some services and can affect your site’s browsing experience.
In the links below you can see how to change the settings on different browsers:
- Internet Explorer™ :
- Versión 5: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/196955/en
- Versión 6: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283185/en
- Versión 7 y 8: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Versión 9: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/How-to-manage-cookies-in-Internet-Explorer-9
- Google™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- Firefox™: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/11.50/en/cookies.html
- Android: http://support.google.com/android/?hl=en
- Windows Phone: http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp7/web/changing-privacy-and-other-browser-settings
- Blackberry: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/18578/Turn_off_cookies_in_the_browser_60_1072866_11.jsp
Update of our Cookies Policy